• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs3 - where are the properties?

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I draw a rectangle (transparent) and need round the corners.

I must change the properties. Where are they?

Screenshot (53).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Yes, just checked CS4. once you made a Rounded Rectangle, you can't change the properties.

But you can fake it. I took a rounded rectangle path, stroked it with a brush, and then scaled the path up proportionately. I then selected each of the four sides in turn with the Direct Selection tool, and dragged them in to where the original was. Then added a different colored stroke:

I'd much rather use CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vitor,

I am struggling to remember CS3, but as I recall, you need to draw a rounded rectangle (circled below) and there will be something in the options bar that will let you choose how round you want the corners to be before you draw it.

”Properties“ came out in later versions of Photoshop.

8A137DCE-6859-4B87-B569-BFAD263326ED.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just checked CS4. once you made a Rounded Rectangle, you can't change the properties.

But you can fake it. I took a rounded rectangle path, stroked it with a brush, and then scaled the path up proportionately. I then selected each of the four sides in turn with the Direct Selection tool, and dragged them in to where the original was. Then added a different colored stroke:

I'd much rather use CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It look like you gave the rectangle tool active not the rounded rectangle tool active.  There should be a radius setting in the Tool Option bar for the rounded rectangle tool.  The oldest version I have install these days is CS6. The tool can do Pixel paths and shapes.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You need to use the rounded rectangle tool and choose the rounding in advance. The ability to edit the rounding afterwards in properties came with Photoshop CC (live shapes) so is not available in CS3.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank, my friends    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines