Sheriff88

bob2.jpeg

bob3.jpeg

bob4.jpeg

bob1.jpeg

Edited by Sheriff88
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

How closely matched are the E7 and MkV...do you think it would play out similarly to the Battle of Britain in the game?

I ask because it might be fun to try it with the new Hurricane coming...don't have the energy to set up and learn Cliffs of Dover.

Sheriff88
On 5/9/2020 at 5:16 AM, MattS said:

How closely matched are the E7 and MkV...do you think it would play out similarly to the Battle of Britain in the game?

I ask because it might be fun to try it with the new Hurricane coming...don't have the energy to set up and learn Cliffs of Dover.

I fly 109s more than Spitfire. Mainly because Spitfire ammo load ( a little 20mm and lots of worthless .303) is paltry compared to 109s. One exception is clipped wing Spit IX at low altitude. The Mark IX may be my favorite for use on Berloga server's West Dogfight zone since that is pretty mush a low altitude arena. Specs place Mark V at a disadvantage but performance is so close IMO that pilot skill is deciding factor. E-7 has bit of a "glass engine" so I typical fly G-4  and K-4.

Cliffs of Dover allows for more aircraft in the engagements . It's probably has  the most realistic looking cockpits and lighting. And the Channel is most realistic water effect I've seen in any sim. Key mapping is a bit dicey. 

Edited by Sheriff88

With the new Normandy map coming along with the premium Hurricane , I hope some good BoB missions will be created. I'm rather excited about that.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Reggie_Mental
On 5/9/2020 at 8:46 PM, Sheriff88 said:

Key mapping is a bit dicey. 

It's downright impossible. It's why I gave up and uninstalled the game.

Will we ever get a properly functional BofB sim? Perhaps it could be crowdfunded.

This year will be the 80th anniversary of what was the most decisive battle in European history. It wasn't the biggest, but it shaped the direction of the next 5 years of war. It indicated that Germany could and would lose the war. Stalingrad and Kursk made it a reality.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Reggie_Mental said:

Will we ever get a properly functional BofB sim?

The next incarnation of CloD hopefully will be that. They not only release Tobruk with 5.0 but also improve the BoB part.

• Like 2

Reggie_Mental
29 minutes ago, sevenless said:

The next incarnation of CloD hopefully will be that. They not only release Tobruk with 5.0 but also improve the BoB part.

Is one planned? 

47 minutes ago, Reggie_Mental said:

Is one planned? 

If it is, I hope it doesn't involve steam...

It'd be far better to have it under the BOX umbrella.

46 minutes ago, Reggie_Mental said:

Is one planned? 

Yes. 5.0. See here:

• Like 1

=gRiJ=Roman-

Why not a BOB expansion? As simple as that.

I don't want a mod, I want the real thing. And please, don't give that CLOD has the rights to BOB for eternity argument! I am sick of it. It is complete BS, and I give all my respect to CLOD, but they cannot divide the aerial sim world like the old blocks.

In aerial warfare IMHO, BOB is only second to the Pacific Carrier battles. Let's have both! I am willing to buy them as many of us.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

22 minutes ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Why not a BOB expansion? As simple as that.

I don't want a mod, I want the real thing. And please, don't give that CLOD has the rights to BOB for eternity argument! I am sick of it. It is complete BS, and I give all my respect to CLOD, but they cannot divide the aerial sim world like the old blocks.

In aerial warfare IMHO, BOB is only second to the Pacific Carrier battles. Let's have both! I am willing to buy them as many of us.

BOB expansion for IL2 ain´t gonna happen. They have stated that already in the past. Take CloD 4.57 or the upcomming CloD 5.0 and hope for the best. You won´t get something else in the near future.

Edited by sevenless