The First Il-2: GB Screenshot Contest: Submit Your Best Shot! ?

LukeFF

69th_chuter
10 minutes ago, Vishnu said:

No Russian planes so far....

From OP:  "... For this first contest, the theme is the Battle of Normandy, June 1944, over the invasion beachhead. ..."

Soto_Cinematics

Had to lower the quality of these 4K images, but can supply originals if needed.

image.jpeg

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2022.09.08 - 13.48.40.88.jpg

Edited by Soto_Cinematics
  • Like 3

Uploaded here as a PNG file to lower the MB's. Original at hand.

T.png

• Like 4

• 1CGS

Hey everyone, just a reminder that this contest ends tomorrow Thursday, July 20 at 1900 UTC. Good luck!

IRRE_LeLong

How do you guys make such stunning quality screenshots? what are your settings? (Redwing, Mysticpuma and many others)

LeLv30_Redwing
2 minutes ago, IRRE_LeLong said:

How do you guys make such stunning quality screenshots? what are your settings? (Redwing, Mysticpuma and many others)

I'd tell You, but then I'd have to shoot You down ?

Seriously, I don't have any "magic settings" but I think every plane has it's own best angle of view and when you combine that with a right angle of light and reflection, sometimes you get nice results. Downside is, I can easily spend one hour working for that one right shot...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, IRRE_LeLong said:

4K,  free camera. Nvidia settings are pretty much run by the game, but I have all the BoX graphics settings on maximum, then it's a case of playing with the time of day for better lightning, playing with the clouds to get an interesting set and then different levels of zoom and camera position (free camera). As Redwing says, it can take a while but worth it in the long run?

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ROCKET_KNUT

Out of curiosity: Who is going to decide which entry wins? Independent judicator, 1C staff, admin(s), cm?

Or will the decision be based on the number of upvotes and likes given by the members?

• LukeFF locked this topic
  • 1CGS
37 minutes ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

Out of curiosity: Who is going to decide which entry wins? Independent judicator, 1C staff, admin(s), cm?

Or will the decision be based on the number of upvotes and likes given by the members?

1C staff are going to decide the winner.

And with that, the contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated! The winner will be announced soon.

• LukeFF unlocked this topic
  • 1CGS

That one was a damn lucky shot you know! Very impressive. But it was a hard choise for us - there are many realy cool captures.

Thank you everyone for your participation!

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

So, the judges have voted, and @Lofte has been chosen as the winner with this dramatic image of American airborne troopers over Normandy. As the winner of the contest, he has chosen the Bf 109 G-6/AS collector plane.

Congratulations! ??

3.jpg

Congrats @Lofte! Such dramatic lighting and near perfect composition. It's hard to believe that post processing wasn't needed... and, no, I'm not doubting a bit. Just goes to show that excellent quality can be achieved with the raw screenshot.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JG1_Vonrd said:

Congrats @Lofte! Such dramatic lighting and near perfect composition. It's hard to believe that post processing wasn't needed... and, no, I'm not doubting a bit. Just goes to show that excellent quality can be achieved with the raw screenshot.

Thanks) I'm surprised and thought that @Juri_JS will be winner )
PS - I am also surprised by the choice of devs, it seemed to me that the best screenshot is this one:

2.jpg.928b3a3df4524606d248b9fc3f69887f.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Fun idea, this one actually made it into the release notes of some patch after I posted it in some thread the day before. I think that the patch included visual stuff to make cannon hits more visible ;) EDIT: and wow, been a while since I visited the forum due to vacation - so I can see it's already concluded. And a worthy winner! 

20mmFace_HighD.thumb.png.0b6f0faf0d702da6e971d32d5dbcd82f.png

And a 70:ies comic book version of it that I made after that :)

20mmFaceComic.thumb.png.e0986d9c4a31c41dcff87c01f95f7afe.png

Edited by mazex

• LukeFF locked this topic
  • LukeFF unpinned this topic