Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
So nothing i'm going to show is "special" just sharing the "mods" I have made to my pencil and the dock i ma using for my pencil.

FxquQKE.jpg

Simple Clip and Grip.

Nhnig8V.jpg

Good spot to clip it. I have a glass screen protector to make sure the screen doesn't get scratched with the clip.

SqBsyJh.jpg

Simple Belkin dock with the adapter on it.

Reactions: masotime

Xprmntr

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2015
Minneapolis

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
I ordered a triangular pencil grip off ebay (found a seller where you could order as little as quantity 1 of them. Couldn't find this style any longer in major office supply stores). Mailed first class and should have tommorow.

I have a foam grip on my Pencil now but it can still roll off the table. I figured the triangular grip would solve the problem of rolling. I thought about a pen clip on it but doesn't the metal hit your screen when the cover is down over the iPad and scuff up the protector? Thinking it might not take long to scuff it. Better than scratching the glass but still a maintenance issue.

I actually like to keep my pencil in the box it comes in for overnight storage.

Last edited:

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I ordered a triangular pencil grip off ebay (found a seller where you could order as little as quantity 1 of them. Couldn't find this style any longer in major office supply stores). Mailed first class and should have tommorow.

I have a foam grip on my Pencil now but it can still roll off the table. I figured the triangular grip would solve the problem of rolling. I thought about a pen clip on it but doesn't the metal hit your screen when the cover is down over the iPad and scuff up the protector? Thinking it might not take long to scuff it. Better than scratching the glass but still a maintenance issue.

I actually like to keep my pencil in the box it comes in for overnight storage.

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that?

Mac2me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
Great idea for not rolling off a table...but the one I ordered doesn't quite fit on the Apple Pencil. Came from an ebay Catholic bookstore (seller name started with an A). Nice product and shipped promptly, however just not the solution for this. Saw one listed for a larger size pencil so will buy one of those hopefully with better luck. I'll report back here on this thread when I succeed. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.