Stryker: 909 vs. 910

jazub

Gold Member
Here is a comparison of Strykers, the 909 and the 910.

16985772829_d9ea5b99a6_c.jpg

17171332711_38939f7689_c.jpg

16984181478_bbe4bac8d5_c.jpg

16984407030_0160ab59b5_c.jpg

16984406560_4dd09c94e4_c.jpg

16984406540_6ab23cec8b_c.jpg

Stacked, 910 on top:
17171331351_fb4a9f586f_c.jpg

The hump is elevating 909 pivot end, affecting perspective in photo. They were lined up:
16964531547_4e9f091f77_c.jpg

The pictures sum up the minor differences pretty well. The main departures in design seem to be the small hump at the pivot end of the Axis Stryker and the taller blade height of the 910 at the pivot end, probably a necessity for liner lock engagement. The cutting edge of the Axis Stryker is barely longer than that of the 910 and if there is an overall blade length difference, it is not possible for me to perceive.

They are both fantastic knives in my opinion and I prefer the lack of a hump on the 910 -but the edge goes to the 909 in utility for me, as I prefer the Axis lock to a liner lock. It would be sweet to combine their best attributes into one knife!

Hope this was interesting for somebody. :thumbup:

Thanks for the great photos. They confirm that the original 910 is all I need. Once used to the much lighter weight, and even tip down, the classic old-school "E" knife remains one of my prizes. Just take that danged painted clip off in favor of a black oxide version please!

Haha. I am with you; the black oxide clips are where it's at. :thumbup:

Great pic's! I'm partial to the original 910 myself and can attest to it's strength and usefulness of the design as I carried one for years and it saw some serious use. Then again I like having the AXIS version and think it an improvement as far as the lock but still love the original 910.

I am warming up to my 909 but it would be perfect if they had designed a new handle more like the original so there was no hump on the top where the stop pin is and not just used the Triage handle.

The Stryker is an Elishewitz design and he designed it with either a liner lock and thumb disk or as an auto with a plunge lock. The axis "version" ain't a Stryker :)

Last edited:
Love the original 910. The 909 is not a Stryker. They messed up the thumb ramp, they didn't give it a thumb disc and they didn't make it a liner lock.

Haha, somebody better notify Benchmade that the 908/909 are not Strykers! ;)

Benchmade liner locks are cool, I agree. Stoked to pick up a Vicar. :thumbup:

Benchmade liner locks are cool, I agree. Stoked to pick up a Vicar. :thumbup:

You're going to love the Vicar! It's an exceptional knife. When I got mine I was really taken aback by the quality, feel and overall package. I'd go so far as to say it's one of BM's standouts this year.

Hope you score one and all the best!

You're going to love the Vicar! It's an exceptional knife. When I got mine I was really taken aback by the quality, feel and overall package. I'd go so far as to say it's one of BM's standouts this year.

Hope you score one and all the best!

Thanks Pbcg :thumbup: I've gotten sidetracked with other "must have" knife purchases and delayed quite a while on the Vicar. I figure that once I finally order, it's going to turn into a can't-wait-to-get-it type situation :D
Any chance you could snap some size comparison shots to share?

Thanks Pbcg :thumbup: I've gotten sidetracked with other "must have" knife purchases and delayed quite a while on the Vicar. I figure that once I finally order, it's going to turn into a can't-wait-to-get-it type situation :D
Any chance you could snap some size comparison shots to share?

Here you go. Hope this helps!
HZ0K2im.jpg

DuJpT94.jpg

cgrc8OR.jpg

20W0Pie.jpg

E8xFzlp.jpg

Wow, that Vicar looks awesome! Great pics, man. Thanks! :thumbup:

ETA: KSF has some really good pic's of the Vicar up on their site. Better close up's of the top of the knife then I could take. You might want to check it out.

Lol. I meant to edit my post not make a new one. Sorry about that.

You would think the coffee would have kicked in by now lol:D

Last edited:
Back