Lister Storm GT FIA GT Lister Racing #25 Andy Wallace [Premium] 1999

• Thread starter JR98
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
The Lister Storm GT is a GT racing car built by Lister Racing in 1999 to compete in the FIA GT Championship under the GT2 class rules, and also complied with the new GT rules in 2000. The #25 Lister, which was adapted for use in Gran Turismo, was raced by Andy Wallace during the 1999 FIA GT. For the 5th race at Zolder the #25 Lister qualified on pole, ahead of the Porsche GT2 and Chrysler Viper. The car itself used a 7.0 V12 built by Jaguar. Andy Wallace finished 23rd overall for the 1999 season.

Specs:
Power: 650HP @ 7200RPM*
Torque: 600 LBS.FT @ 2500RPM*
Weight:1150KG

*Power and torque figures are based on the restrictor plates. These figures are what the car had in the FIA GT 2005 Spec.

Lister+Storm++British+GT+1999+Version+Donington+Park+J+Bailell+T+Needlell++Fly+Car+01.JPG

TN_Silverstone-1999-05-09-025.jpg
lister25.JPG
Lister+Storm++British+GT+1999+Version+Donington+Park+J+Bailell+T+Needlell++Fly+Car+03.JPG
Lister+Storm++British+GT+1999+Version+Donington+Park+J+Bailell+T+Needlell++Fly+Car+05.JPG

lister_logo.jpg

Last edited:
Fictional?

Andy Wallace drove that exact car in the 1999 FIA GT Championship...

Lister-Storm-V12..jpg
Oh, I searched Lister Storm GT 1999 and most of what came up was the Creation and black Lister liveries. Will research the #25 Lister and change the suggestion to fit it.

Damn right. I already beat a McLaren F1 GTR with in on GT6 in a 1 hour enduro on Daytona Road Course, so with the more accurate weight it would be insane.
Exactly. And I'm pretty sure they also still haven't fixed the Volvo 240 too.

Exactly. And I'm pretty sure they also still haven't fixed the Volvo 240 too.
They haven't. Would be awesome to get premium Lister and perhaps a premium 240 with proper weight (I don't know if the 240 GLT has been suggested yet. Even if it hasn't I won't suggest it. Not something I would even use.

They haven't. Would be awesome to get premium Lister and perhaps a premium 240 with proper weight (I don't know if the 240 GLT has been suggested yet. Even if it hasn't I won't suggest it. Not something I would even use.
Yeah. I'd much rather drive the Storm, regardless of whether either car is Premium. I'd probably never touch the Volvo, even if they did fix it.

Yeah. I'd much rather drive the Storm, regardless of whether either car is Premium. I'd probably never touch the Volvo, even if they did fix it.
I don't think many people would even care if the Volvo was fixed. It's a slow, heavy, estate that is just really, really dull.

They never bothered fixing the clearly and massively borked weight in over a decade so I can't see them rushing to upgrade it to premium quality. Maybe if Lister (or whoever owns the name now) retrospectively re-branded the car with a 'GTR' badge it would finally get some attention from PD?

So you are OK wit hone car being in the series for over a decade with an obviously incorrect stat while in the meantime 20 almost identical models are added with disturbing and feverish accuracy?

Kind of a false assertion. There's nothing I've seen suggesting that the differences between those are accurate either, because any attempt at dedicated testing seems to stop if the person testing sees any difference.

Some of those have pretty notable differences in real life (admittedly not all of which GT can simulate), but this is the same game where people swear the 22 made up Miata models are properly modeled because PD made up fake statistics to differentiate them; so the fact that PD did something to change the special GT-Rs from the base models does not mean any attempt was made towards accuracy.

Last edited:
So you are OK wit hone car being in the series for over a decade with an obviously incorrect stat while in the meantime 20 almost identical models are added with disturbing and feverish accuracy?

That's not what I meant. Rather, I am pissed with the beating-dead-horse GT-R joke. :rolleyes:

Back