Lister Storm GTL Road Prototype 1997

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 15 comments
Lister%2BStorm%2BGTL.jpg
img_2204-jpg.339536

should be used instead of obscurity in dictionaries

Looks quite cool in road mode! Shame about the power loss though.
Still, I doubt it'll be slow. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to supercharge it.

I'd say that would be from 1997 if this is any indication:

View attachment 576558

Also, some specs:

Engine: 7.0L Naturally Aspirated Jaguar V12
Horsepower: 450 HP
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
Weight: ---
Drivetrain: RWD
Wait, only a 4 speed?

-> ...

^ Could've been worse. At least it has a M/T!

-> Remember, that the epic Vector W8 has a 3-speed A/T. ;)
And NASCAR also uses 4 speed manuals. I guess you could get by with a 4 speed with this kind of level. At least it's not something like a Powerglide.

For some reason I was expecting more than that.

I'm honestly stuck on why they chose a 4-Speed (Especially to compete against cars like the Porsche 911 GT1s, the McLaren F1s and the Mercedes, which have 5 or 6 speed ones) so I'm just guessing at this point.

I'm honestly stuck on why they chose a 4-Speed (Especially to compete against cars like the Porsche 911 GT1s, the McLaren F1s and the Mercedes, which have 5 or 6 speed ones) so I'm just guessing at this point.
Didn't the regular Storm have a 6 speed, or am I crazy? Regardless, I'm confused as to why they'd only use a 4 speed. Was that the most durable transmission in testing? Or did they just feel they didn't need more than that? I'm guessing the GTL's top speed would have around 190, and I guess you could go that far with only 4 gears without making it obscenely tall.

-> ...
Didn't the regular Storm have a 6 speed, or am I crazy? Regardless, I'm confused as to why they'd only use a 4 speed. Was that the most durable transmission in testing? Or did they just feel they didn't need more than that? I'm guessing the GTL's top speed would have around 190, and I guess you could go that far with only 4 gears without making it obscenely tall.
^ Less gearshifting during Le Mans perhaps? :dopey:

Funny enough, the original Storm did have a 6 Speed (Manual for the road car and sequential for the Race Car).
That's what I thought. That's why I was so confused as to why the GTL has a 4 speed.

Back